The Demolished Man / Alfred Bester

YouTube? They're rubbish. At least I think they are.

I deleted my account a couple of days ago. I didn't like the changes they had started setting in place a little while back which eschews the smaller creator in favour of corporate drones like CNN or Fox (if we're talking news) or walking egos like Will Smith. I hate Will Smith. I can't stand the man. To the corn-field with him.

So staying away from that place, I've just finished reading "The Demolished Man" by Alfred Bester.

 A pretty cool sci-fi/detective novel set in the twenty-fourth century dating from the early 1950s (I think). The book is over the other side of the room and I'm far too lazy at this point in typing to actually walk over there and check out the copyright date. Oh, okay. I'll do it then. 1953 is the year contained within.


If you're in the mood for mind reading, the battle of the id and the super-ego and a dash of 24th century freaks all distilled into a hard-boiled adventure, then yes, you've come to the right place.


Very much recommended.

Comments