Daylight Savings for Thee (but not for me)

 Daylight Savings : you lose an hour of sleep and gain an extra hour of heat thereby resulting in the loss of two hours comfort.

This weekend, Australia goes into daylight savings mode except for Queensland, the Northern Territory and Western Australia. I live in the latter. I'm not affected in other words.

There have been trials here. The last was a three year period foisted upon us in 2006 by Alan Carpenter's government which was defeated in a referendum proposing its adoption. I personally think it was a large factor in the election that followed which paved the way for W.A.'s own village idiot, Colin Barnett, into becoming the next state premier.

Come two o'clock Sunday morning, time will artificially go forward an hour but not from my vantage point and because of that I will always be grateful.

Comments