do you too literate like me?


September the 8th is here. For it is today, that International Literacy Day has fallen.

You can say these figures are pretty accurate, but not entirely. There are some diploma holders who come across as not exactly the brightest bulb in the socket, while some dropouts continue learning under their own steam without any noticeable qualifications. Anyway, that's by the bye.

What amazes me is that the literacy of around 14% of people listed here are at primary school levels or lower. That's actually quite a lot.

Now, to go off on a literacy linked tangent.


On a previous post, among other things, I was griping about a Booktopia unfulfilled order.



Success - of sorts. PayPal have refunded me the $42.79 due to me. So, that's that. A little bit of annoyance, certainly, but ultimately good in the end.

Comments