from the wellspring

 Sunday morning, or should it be mourning. Lawnmower, a piece of crap. It won't start. Depression abounds. Life seems pointless and it seems pointless seeking professional help. You encounter thieves (like the one I've mentioned in this blog already) or incompetent buffoons.


I was referred to a psychologist who was so useless. I invariably always ended up leading the sessions as well as doing all the reminding of such things as forms I had to fill in. This "professional" was trying to do the Carl Rogers thing, that is to listen and react, but lacked any human warmth. They were also trying to push some men's group in Midland on a number of occasions. The way they described it, it sounded depressing and I told them that. "Well, it is but...".


 The last straw was session four when the therapist ended the session after 15 minutes. Either incompetence or a rort as they still would have collected the full hour (or 50 minutes or whatever it is) from the government. I laughed when she closed the session. I couldn't help it. What a joke and every session was at least 10 minutes late.


 It was a bulk bill place - Twice Blessed Wellbeing. It's an old house converted to a practice and driving past at any given time, you can see staff on the back porch furiously puffing away on cigarettes. Maybe that explains the ten minute delays. At least with the fraudster, punctuality as well as an entire 50 minute session was guaranteed.


 I have to admit that after writing this, I'm starting to feel a little better already.


Comments